You’re determined that this will be the year you finally pay down (or pay off) that debt. Get ready, because every month, our Do It Today plan will have you taking another step on your journey toward living a debt-free life.
Credit scores… that three-digit number may not always be top-of-mind, but chances are, you’ve given some thought to boosting your score. Here are 5 tips to get you started.
1. Pay your bills on time. If you find this to be a challenge, consider signing up for automatic payments.
2. Pay more than just the minimum payment on your credit cards. Work on paying down your debt before you acquire any new debt.
3. Pay your credit card bills before they’re due. This way, more of your money will go toward paying for the month’s purchases instead of interest.
4. Find out if you have any outstanding medical bills. These can significantly drag down your credit score.
5. If you feel your debt has become unmanageable, consider a debt management program. Talk with us at MembersFirst about your options.
**Your Turn** Did you recently improve your credit score? Tell us how you did it in the comments!
#membersfirstga #creditwoes #howtoboostyourcreditscore #raiseyourscore