With all the change happening in the world right now, it’s easy to fall into a panic and wonder if there are some concrete steps you should be taking to maintain your personal finances. Luckily, your credit union is prepared and ready to help, continuing to offer financial support, robust online and mobile services and enhanced member services over the phone.
You’re determined that this will be the year you finally pay down (or pay off) that debt. Get ready, because every month, our Do It Today plan will have you taking another step on your journey toward living a debt-free life.
Overspending during the holidays is easy…and even easier when online retailers deploy every tactic to get your attention. Here are 8 ways online retailers push us to overspend.
1. They offer free shipping… with a minimum purchase.
When retailers offer to sponsor shipping costs if you spend $50, they lure you into spending more.
2. They make it super-easy to check out.
Websites make their checkout process ridiculously easy to keep you from overthinking your purchases and opting out.
Our handy guide of #creditrepair do's and don’ts will help get you on the road to improving your #creditscore.
Credit scores… that three-digit number may not always be top-of-mind, but chances are, you’ve given some thought to boosting your score. Here are 5 tips to get you started.
1. Pay your bills on time. If you find this to be a challenge, consider signing up for automatic payments.
2. Pay more than just the minimum payment on your credit cards. Work on paying down your debt before you acquire any new debt.
3. Pay your credit card bills before they’re due. This way, more of your money will go toward paying for the month’s purchases instead of interest.
4. Find out if you have any outstanding medical bills. These can significantly drag down your credit score.
5. If you feel your debt has become unmanageable, consider a debt management program. Talk with us at MembersFirst about your options.
**Your Turn** Did you recently improve your credit score? Tell us how you did it in the comments!
#membersfirstga #creditwoes #howtoboostyourcreditscore #raiseyourscore