Having the perfect night out doesn’t mean you need to break the budget. Save on Valentine’s Day plans with these seven thrifty ideas:
- Have dinner at home instead of eating at an overpriced restaurant. Set the menu and the ambiance on your own terms and save a bundle!
- Make your own gift. Instead of buying a pricey piece of jewelry, frame a nice picture of the two of you and include a meaningful card.
- If you’re going out to eat, make sure to check Groupon, LivingSocial and RetailMeNot for deals on restaurants near you before making reservations.
- Explore the great outdoors! It may be cold out, but you can still have fun just enjoying the fresh air. Bundle up and take a walk together. Warm up at home with a cup of hot chocolate.
- Get yourself a great workout and have a fantastically fun date by going ice or roller-skating!
- Get cultured on a budget by taking advantage of a local museum’s free or discounted rates at specific times or nights.
- Have a great time at the neighborhood comedy club. Entrance tickets can be as cheap as $5 apiece! Or, why not check out a movie matinee?
Your Turn: How do you save on Valentine’s Day without compromising on the quality? Share your best tips with us in the comments!
Learn more ways to save on everyday financial solutions at membersfirstga.com.