MembersFirst Credit Union wants to CU Succeed™ in :
CU Succeed™ is an exciting program designed especially for young people. Participants can continue sharing in the benefits of the program until they reach age 22. If you are currently a member of MembersFirst Credit Union and are between the ages of 13 and 22, you can request to be transferred into the CU Succeed™ program.
CU Succeed™ members get:
At the end of every quarter, members receive a copy of the CU Succeed™ newsletter, which is written by teenagers. You can submit articles to the newsletter or to the website - check out the "Get Published" section of the CU Succeed ™ website for more details.
How to JoinTo become a CU Succeed™ member, you will need:
- A copy of your Social Security Card OR
- A driver's license OR
- State ID
If you are already a MembersFirst member, you can request to be transferred into the CU Succeed™ program.
Members must open a basic CU Succeed™ Savings Account with $25.00. There is no membership fee.
- Earn dividends on balances over $100
- Earn higher dividends than traditional savings accounts
Checking Accounts are available to CU Succeed™ members who are age 16 and above. The CU Succeed™ Checking Account is a FREE Checking account and can be opened with a $50.00 deposit.
- No minimum balance
- A free box of CU Succeed™ personalized checks (first order)
- A free Visa Debit Card
- 4 free ATM withdrawals per month at non-MembersFirst ATMs*
It's never too early to start saving for the future! MembersFirst's Certificates of Deposit are available to CU Succeed™ members at the same great rates as regular CDs, with the same flexible terms. Terms range from 90 days to 5 years. CU Succeed™ members can open their CDs with the reduced balance of $500.
CU Succeed™ members 16 years and older can apply for new and used car loans. A cosigner is required. MembersFirst Credit Union offers some of the lowest interest rates around, so before you go to the dealer, check out the car loan rates at the credit union. To check out our car loan rates click here.
MembersFirst offers a no annual fee, fixed rate Visa Credit Card to its CU Succeed™ members. If you are under 18, parental approval is required.
MembersFirst has teamed up with Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation & Affiliates to offer a wide range of student loan services to help CU Succeed™ members pay for college and build brighter futures. Find out more about student loan opportunities available to you.
One of the benefits of the CU Succeed™ program is that the credit union recognizes your hard work. We encourage you to get the best education possible and to work hard in school. For this reason, we offer 4 scholarships each year (2 students each semester) to "A" and "B" average students.
How It Works:
- Turn in a copy of your report card or grade sheet to the credit union at the end of the semester. Students with an "A" average are given two entries to the raffle. Students with a "B" average are given one entry. A drawing is conducted on a specified date, and two winners are chosen each semester.
- The winners of the drawings each receive a scholarship check of $250. If a winner is still in high school, the funds will be held at the credit union in their name. We will issue a certificate to each winner until he or she begins college, at which time the funds are awarded and the check is made payable to the school.
- Participants in college receive a letter of acknowledgement and are asked to send school and student ID information to the credit union. A check is then made payable to the school referencing the winning student.
- Participants can win only one time each year. If a student entered the raffle one semester and did not win a scholarship, he or she can continue to enter the raffles for the following semesters.
*Members are responsible for the surcharges charged by other financial institutions.